Are you looking for an exciting challenge? The Benefices of Alne and Brafferton comprise of six churches in four parishes in the beautiful Vale of York. Rural mission and ministry are a stretching adventure today, with distinctive challenges and possibilities. These vibrant and friendly rural communities offer a wide arrange of activity opportunities for all ages.
Through participation in the York Diocese LYCiG (Leading Your Church into Growth) programme, we have identified the need to be more involved in the community events with a view to mission, develop and reinstate family services, nurture the prayer life of our existing congregations and work closer together. Come and help us further God’s kingdom here on earth.
We offer our Priest:
- Friendship, fellowship, joy and laughter
- Diverse traditions of Christian worship
- Respect for your personal space and needs
- The prayerful and active support of the PCCs, Churchwardens, our Curate and Parish Assistant
- A creative mission-focused Deanery, Chapter and Diocese
- Ministry in attractive rural communities
- To promote the Diocesan Vision of Generous Churches Making and Nurturing Disciples, prayerfully working to deepen the five marks of growth in the parish.
- To be a partner in mission with other parishes in the Deanery of Easingwold.
- To have a commitment to rural mission as we seek to reach those we currently don’t across the communities of the benefice.
- To build upon the work with children and young people across the parish and the good relationships with the local schools.
- To encourage the six churches to work together in closer unity, whilst celebrating the diversity of each congregation.
- To help us to grow in Christlikeness through deepening and enriching our worship, prayer, study of Scripture, discipleship and generosity.
- To understand and connect with the diverse nature of these rural communities. To “know the people and be known by them”, relating to people of all ages and backgrounds.
We seek a Priest who will help us grow in:
- Christlikeness through deepening and enriching our worship, prayer, study of Scripture, discipleship and generosity.
- Commitment to rural mission as we seek to reach those we currently don’t across our parishes, Deanery and Diocese.
- Partnership with our congregations, our Deanery, local schools and ecumenical friends.
- Influence within our communities as a visible and engaged pastor.
- Numbers particularly among 20-40 year olds, people in poverty and those seeking faith.
Deadline for applications is Sunday 28th October 2018.
Interviews are scheduled for Tuesday 4th December 2018.
To find out more and to apply online, see our recruitment page HERE.