Welcome to our friendly and vibrant benefice of Monk Fryston and South Milford, situated in the district of Selby, between York and Leeds and with easy access to the A1(M). Historically agricultural communities, the population has recently boomed, due to housing development and are now popular commuter villages.
Our identity comes from the people who belong here rather than the buildings or the churchmanship. We have provided our Benefice profile as a Prezi interactive document, reflecting the development in social media by which we reach out to the families and young people we want to attract.
We offer a wide range of opportunities for worship, prayer and discipleship to all ages and traditions with an Anglican heritage. We are linked to the New Wine network and feel a sense of the spirit working within us to empower our gifts and seek exciting opportunities and initiatives.
We offer our priest:
- A mixed economy of Christian worship within the Anglican Tradition
- The prayerful and active support of the people, PCCs, Churchwardens, our Curate, Reader and Trainee Reader
- A creative mission-focused Deanery, Chapter and Diocese
- Strong community integration
- Ministry in attractive rural communities with well-maintained buildings.
- A willingness to explore Spirit informed change
- To promote the Diocesan Vision of Generous Churches Making and Nurturing Disciples, prayerfully working to deepen the five marks of growth in the parish of the benefice.
- To be a partner in mission so that we can better reach those we currently don’t across our parishes, Deanery and Diocese, particularly among 20 – 40 year olds and those seeking faith.
- To be a person who will help us to grow in Christlikeness through deepening and enriching our worship, spirituality, giving and discipleship.
- To be a ‘motivator’ as well as a ‘collaborator’ who is able to equip and support people in developing their gifts and talents for God’s glory in service to the church and the wider community.
- To be a ‘facilitator’ who will work with the existing teams to progress the missional focus of the church with culturally relevant outreach and worship appropriate for the diverse communities we serve.
- To assist in the custodianship of the two churches, looking to encourage more diverse representation from the community within church life, including the PCC’s, and planning for the future succession of PCC members and churchwardens.
We seek a Priest who will help us grow in:
- Christlikeness through deepening and enriching our worship, prayer and discipleship.
- Commitment to semi-rural mission as we seek to reach those we currently don’t across our parishes, Deanery and Diocese
- Partnership with our congregations, our neighbouring parishes, the Deanery, local schools and ecumenical friends
- Influence within our communities as an inclusive, approachable and listening pastor
- Numbers particularly among 20-40 year olds, people in poverty and those seeking faith.
Deadline for applications is Sunday 28th October 2018.
Interviews are scheduled for Monday 3rd December 2018.
For full details and to apply online, see our recruitment website HERE