Arcadia: Celebrating nature through the power of music
This is the theme of this year's North York Moors Chamber Music Festival which runs from the 13th - 26th August 2017
The festival is in its ninth year and will be taking in all the magnificent vistas of the North York Moors as it travels between ten of our churches, which will be playing host to 45 musicians over the two weeks.
Click here to see the full programme on the North York Moors Festival Website.
The 11 concerts are individually adapted to the specific acoustics of each church and designed to convey themes inspired by nature.
Tickets can be booked for each concert in the following churches:
- St Hilda's Church, Danby - The Woods So Wild
- St Oswald's Church, Lythe - Skywards
- St Peter & St Paul, Pickering - Sturm und Drang
- All Saints' Church, Helmsley - The Rite of Spring
- St Mary's Church, Lastingham - The Wayfarer & Prisms of Light
- St Nicholas Church, Guisborough - Lull After the Storm
- St Hilda's Priory, Sneaton Castle, Whitby - Nostalgia
- St Hilda's Church, Westcliffe, Whitby - Arcadia
- St Stephen's Church, Fylingdales - Cosmos
- St Hedda's Church, Egton Bridge - The Elements
Tickets: £12.50 or £5 concession
Season ticket: £115
Children go free