These support materials are designed as a starting point for you to explore what it means to be a part of the diocesan family and how to make this visible in school. Please revisit this page later in the term we will be sharing with you further support materials. These will be designed to support your school and church working together to plan a short series of collective worship materials that help us think about our Five Marks of Growing and how we can live them out in our schools and local communities.
Archbishop of York Pilgrimage resources
The Archbishop of York Youth Trust and the Diocese of York Education team have released free resources for schools about Archbishop Sentamu's Pilgrimage of Prayer, Witness and Blessing across the Diocese of York.
The Pilgrimage resource packs are available from:
http://www.archbishopofyorkyouthtrust.co.uk/Pilgrimage/ . They include a Top Trump inspired activity exploring the lives of the Northern Saints, with a range of lesson ideas, activities and resources for schools to explore ideas on Pilgrimages and the Northern Saints.
The Archbishop of York, Dr John Sentamu said: "I have been so inspried by St Paulinus, St Aidan, St Cuthbert and St Hilda of Whitby who in their time shared the good news of Jesus Christ with the people of the North. It is my hope that these resources will help others to discover more of the Northern Saints great leadership qualities and actions. It has been a real privilege to be able to visit so many schools on my journey so far and for them to share in my journey too".
Olivia Seymour, Diocesan Education Adviser said: "It has been wonderful to work in partnership with the Youth Trust on this set of resources. We look forward to our schools using them as they explore the Archbishop's Pilgrimage and what it means to be part of a family of schools."
The resources include:
* Top Trumps inspired activity exploring the lives of Northern Saints, (Cuthbert, Hilda, Aidan and Bede), alongside the Archbishop of York
* Exploring distinctive Christian values exemplified in the lives of the Northern Saints
* List of ideas & activities for how the resource could be implemented in school assemblies, lessons and much more
* A lesson plan exploring the following key themes:
* What is Pilgrimage?
* How did faith influence the Northern Saints
* What leadership qualitites, skills and distinctive Christian Values were demonstrated in the lives of the Saints?
* How is the Archbishop putting his faith into action?
To find out more about the work of the Archbishop of York Youth Trust and their popular Young Leaders Award citizenship programme which has currently reached over 34,800 young people in 333 schools across the North of England go to www.abyyt.com/young-leaders-award or call 01904 231010