Public worship will have to stop for a season.
Our usual pattern of Sunday services and other mid-week gatherings must be put on hold.
But this does not mean that the Church of England has shut up shop.
Far from it.Archbishops of York and Canterbury, 17 March 2020
Updated 5th June 2020
The Church of England's latest advice and resources for churches at www.churchofengland.org/coronavirus now includes newly-updated guidance on preparing for the anticipated relaxation of restrictions on the use of church buildings:
- New Prayer and worship FAQ section
- What liturgical resources are available? and accompanying documents
- Can churches open for individual and private prayer? and accompanying document
- New FAQ How can parishes prepare to re-open buildings? and updated risk assessment in Word format
- Updated FAQ Can Weddings still go ahead? and accompanying document
- Updated FAQ Can Funerals still go ahead? and accompanying document
- Updated FAQ Can Baptisms still go ahead? and accompanying document
There will be further information when restrictions allow this advice to be put into practice.