Particularly while we are all operating remotely, and our church buildings are closed, it is important to keep a close eye on church finances, Gift Aid and GASDS claims, and responsibilities to the Charity Commission. Below are some external resources which help to answer some of these key questions.
- The Generous Giving Team have produced a useful guide to help you address any shortfall in income due to COVID-19, such as online donations and grant sources, which can be downloaded here.
- Charity Commission has announced that any charity that needs an extension to its annual return deadline during the coronavirus pandemic must request one.
- Parish Resources is another excellent website full of useful information for PCCs and Treasurers. There is a special section dealing with Covid-19 issues and APCMs. We would encourage you to sign up the Parish Resources quarterly email newsletter to get the latest new and updates.
- Stewardship also offer information on Financial Guidance for Churches, which can be accessed here. This website answers to the key questions churches are asking about their finances during this uncertain time - this guidance will be updated regularly so please keep checking back.
- Churches' Legislation Advisory Service (CLAS) and the Charity Commission have issued helpful guidance (download here) following new advice from HMRC on applying GASDS to collections made in the unusual circumstances of the Coronavirus outbreak.
If you have any further questions or would like some support from the Generous Giving Team, please contact us here.