The Reverend Julian Blakeley
Penalties imposed by Tribunal on the 27th January 2022:
- Injunction to undertake training within 6 months of being granted a form of authority to exercise ministry
- Injunction to cooperate with the supervision of his ministry for a period of 1 year from the recommencement of ministry
- A prohibition from exercising any of the functions of his Holy Orders for a period of 1 year.
- Insensitivity towards a person who was seeking the Respondent’s help, which amounted to conduct unbecoming or inappropriate to the office and work of a clerk in Holy Orders under section 8(1)(d) CDM 2003.
- Neglect in adhering to proper safeguarding practices and procedures, which amounted to a failure to have due regard to the House of Bishops’ guidance on safeguarding contrary to section 5 of the Safeguarding and Clergy Discipline Measure 2016 and section 8(1)(aa) of the Clergy Discipline Measure 2003.
The full transcript of the Tribunal's Decision can be found on the Church of England's website: