Continuing Ministerial Development (CMD)
There are a number of opportunities for clergy to continue their ministerial education and development once they move on from IME.
- First Incumbents/First Post conference. These 24 or 36 hour residentials take place every couple of years and cover a range of topics relevant to those who have recently taken on their first post of responsibility.
- Fit for Post course. This is a rolling programme of training sessions, which are now focused on two 24 hour residentials at Wydale Hall on a range of topics for those in their first post of responsibility or new to the diocese. (See 2019 Programme below).
- Archdeaconry and Diocesan events. The training team arrange different events around the diocese which may be specifically for clergy or open to all. Details are given in the Annual CMD Booklet, the monthly training e-bulletin and on the website.
- External courses and training days. We encourage clergy to attend external courses such as those run by the Arthur Rank Centre on rural and multi-parish ministries, Leading Your Church into Growth, Church Army, CPAS and many others. CMD grants may be available on request ~ see below.
- Taking on other roles. Some clergy are asked, or offer, their skills in areas such as mentoring, consultancy, spiritual direction etc. These are a vital part of personal development as well as contributing to the development of others.