- Developing Ministry
- For lay people
- Equipping God's People
Each Equipping God’s People course focuses on a specific area of ministry, whilst each Foundations of Faith course covers a key area of foundational Christian teaching.
Trained tutors will be available to deliver courses to parishes and/or deaneries throughout the Diocese, allowing geographically flexible responses to local situations.
All courses are short, self contained and ecumenically open. Equipping God’s People (EGP) courses are usually 4-6 sessions, and include topics on:
- Just Listen
- Listening & Prayer Ministry
- Listen for Life - previously Learning to Listen (Effective listening for everyday life)
- Listening in Pastoral Care (Time to Listen)
- Called To Listen
- Learning to Share our Faith
- Learning to be a Spiritual Companion
- Learning To Work with Children and Young People
- Learning to Lead in Public Worship
6 ‘Foundations of Faith’ (FoF) topics consists of 2 sessions each. For
more information on the courses available, download the brochure below.
participants of ministry related courses will be recommended by their
incumbent and PCC. This is to ensure appropriate people attend and that
parishes have considered the implications of encouraging shared
ministry. Those learning new skills and discovering increased confidence
should be encouraged and used wherever appropriate.The
courses are certificated and are designed to encourage, give confidence
to and improve skills in key areas of ministry. Ongoing courses will be
provided to build on this.