St Martin's Church of England Voluntary Aided Primary School,
Number on Roll: 257
Commencing: April 2021
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: L16 - L21 (Relocation package of up to £8,000 available)
Contract Term: Permanent
“St. Martin’s School isn’t just a school, it’s a family. Firmly rooted in the Christian faith, the St. Martin’s family will share the love of Christ with our diverse school community – all unique and special, made in God’s image, with everyone welcomed and included.”
We are a friendly, welcoming, child-centred, Church of England primary school located in Scarborough on the stunning Yorkshire Coast. We provide a nurturing environment, based on Christian values, where all individuals are treated with fairness, respect and equality and the interests of our fantastic pupils are paramount.
The ethos of our school is focussed on the development of the whole-child, enabling each pupil to achieve their potential in relation to academic and personal development. We aim to foster this through a supportive, Christian family orientated environment where everyone cares for the well-being of each individual in the community.
Together with a talented staff team, governors and School Improvement Partners from across the Diocese and the LA we know we have an incredibly special school, which has gone from strength to strength over the last three years.
Following the external promotion of our current Headteacher we are now looking for a new leader and colleague who will embrace, adopt and deliver the standards expected from a Headteacher (Headteacher Standards -October 20).
While we have many strengths (Ofsted, SIAMS and encouraging outcomes for example), we know that we need to continue to build a love of reading across school, maintain and build on the quality of teaching and our expectations on what our children are capable of and further develop our staff team to reach their full potential.
In particular, we are looking for a Headteacher who will,
· Be an inspirational leader who is called, connected and committed to deliver the St Martins School vision for the children, staff and community we serve.
· Lead by example, actively modelling and embedding into all areas of school life, the Christian vision and core Christian values of the school ensuring a life in all its fullness for all.
· Promote and enhance the wellbeing of the team, developing a distributed leadership, nurturing opportunities for all staff to learn and grow to their full potential.
· Further develop relationships with our families and the wider community to enhance the contribution to school life and outcomes and opportunities for children.
· Deliver and ensure an enriched and high-quality curriculum which delivers high standards, expectations and outcomes for all pupils.
You may be looking at this opportunity as either your next Headship or your first. Regardless of where you are in your leadership career, we will ensure you have the access to the cohesive support provided by the Diocese, Local Authority, Governors and the DFE North Yorkshire Coast Opportunity Area (0A) as you thrive and succeed as our new Headteacher.
What can we offer:
· Significant levels of support from the Governing Board and staff team, who are experienced, committed and passionate about our school and ensuring our children reach their potential.
· A total commitment to giving you all the tools and support to make you an outstanding headteacher.
· A warm, friendly school where we value our community ethos and have a philosophy of treating each other with kindness and respect.
· Happy, enthusiastic and very well-behaved children who thrive in a safe caring and inspiring environment.
· An ambitious curriculum which aims to give every pupil a love for learning and enriching opportunities to discover their gifts.
· Relocation assistance and competitive remuneration package through the OA
All applicants must be a practising Christian, who will actively live out and embed the Christian Vision and core Christian Values of the School, in accordance with the tenets of the religious denomination of the School (i.e., belonging to a Church in membership of Churches Together in Britain & Ireland), Schools Standards & Framework Act 1998, S60. A faith reference will be requested in addition to two standard references.
If you feel ready to be our next Headteacher and you can bring your commitment, energy and passion to deliver our vision for the children, staff and communities we serve, we would love to hear from you!
For more information and how to apply please visit our dedicatedcampaign site about the role.
For an informal, confidential conversation about the role, please call Julie Crichton who is supporting this recruitment process on behalf of St Martin's C.E VA Primary School and can be contacted at North Yorkshire County Council on 07581 143421.
· Application closing date: Midnight, Sunday 13th December
· Shortlisting: Thursday 17h December
· Interviews: 11th and 12th of January
The supporting information section of your application should clearly evidence your ability to meet the requirements we have outlined in the person specification. This will be used to shortlist applicants for this role and therefore it is imperative that you provide evidence as requested.
When completing your application, please provide two employment references and one faith referee.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to undertaking an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.