Selby Abbey CE (VC) Primary School,
North Yorkshire. YO8 4QB.
Head teacher: Mrs Jo Jennings
Full-time established Reception teacher required for September 2019
Governors are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, talented and positive Early Years teacher committed to raising attainment who has recent experience of good or better teaching in Early Years, to join our happy, hardworking and dedicated team.
This is a full-time, established teaching post and is an exciting opportunity for a suitably skilled and passionate teacher to become part of our friendly, vibrant and expanding church school. You will teach a reception class and plan alongside a parallel teacher as part of a close team. You will have access to CPD opportunities both in-house and as part of North Star Teaching Alliance.
We require someone who:
· Is passionate and committed to see every child achieve their very best
· Routinely demonstrates high expectations for teaching, learning and behaviour
· Is confident and skilled in teaching phonics
· Is familiar with the learning journey from the Early Years Foundation Stage to year 1
· Is knowledgeable and skilled in teaching the current Early Years curriculum
· Evidences having secured good pupil progress in their current and/or previous post particularly in literacy and numeracy
· Demonstrates effective planning and assessment for learning
· Is committed to team work and contributing to the wider life of the school
· Has a growth mind-set and is committed to continuing professional development
· Able to share and support our nurturing, caring ethos and reach out to parents in a positive, warm manner
We can offer you:
- A recently inspected solidly good school seeking to build on its many strengths
- Energetic, enthusiastic and very well-behaved children
- Dedicated teaching assistant support to enable quality first teaching
- A highly supportive environment – parents, governors, staff and leadership
- A strong culture of learning across the whole school community with many CPD opportunities including those provided by North Star Teaching Alliance
- A church ethos
- A well-developed creative approach to the curriculum
School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to Enhanced DBS Disclosure and satisfactory references. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the headteacher to arrange a visit and request an application pack. Please state curricular strengths and interests.
Selby Abbey Primary School, New Lane, Selby, North Yorkshire. YO8 4QB. Tel. (01757) 703817
Closing Date: 12 noon Tuesday 14 May 2019
Interviews at Selby Abbey Primary School on 21 or 22 May 2019