A new role as the first leader of an exciting, well-supported church partnership with huge mission potential. There is a great deal going on in both St Paul’s and St Barnabas – thriving Sunday services, home groups and lay teams, innovative mission and evangelism, and practical community involvement
With a shared history and vision, each parish will build on a heritage of faithful ministry, rejoicing in the strength of lay involvement and commitment to mission. Both are looking forwards to the new opportunities that a significant new residential development will bring, and working together to reach out to younger adults with the help of the newly licensed 20s to 40s Minister.
Can you bring to life our vision to grow a thriving mission across our existing communities and into a new outreach opportunity at the proposed York Central Development site?
We seek a leader who can:
- help us become a committed partnership fit for the task of mission and practical service
- lead, facilitate and learn with us on the journey ahead
- draw on a range of spiritual resources and a deep prayer life
- discern and develop gifts and talents in our fellowship
- lead worship and minister to all ages, working with our 20s to 40s Minister to implement fresh ideas
You will be a Priest who brings:
- a gift as a preacher; who can challenge, deepen faith, and actively reach a broad range of listeners
- a pastoral heart who can support and challenge us to care for one another
- the skills to encourage lay ministry and to nurture and manage growth
- excellent team building and communication skills
Could you be the person who God is calling to lead this new and exciting phase of ministry here, to encourage, build and nurture strong and collaborative teams and to join in with all that God is already doing here?
Click HERE for full details and to apply online.
Closing date: Tuesday 3 December 2019
Interviews: Monday 27 January 2020