The Diocese of York
St Helen’s, Welton with Melton
As we look to the future with expectation, we are seeking a prayerful priest who will continue to deepen our confidence in ministry, evangelism, discipleship, leading worship and living out our faith in our daily life. As an ‘Inclusive Church’ we value welcoming all and serving everyone in our parish and we recognise that in continuing to grow and change we will become the church God calls us to be. We are seeking a new Vicar who will:
· Nurture, motivate and encourage us in our love for God and service of him
- Collaboratively lead, manage and direct our ministry team and church family
- Value inclusivity and welcome all to every aspect of church life
- Teach and preach in a way that applies to our lives
- Be an encouraging, prayerful and visible pastoral presence for our community
- Enjoy leading a range of worship styles
We understand the role is only part time and we are committed to share with you in the life and leadership of the church. We have lay and ordained ministers to work alongside you and there is also the provision of some administrative support.
Our attractive village is on the edge of the Yorkshire Wolds and also close to both the City of Hull and good transport routes. We hope you’ll want to join us and lead us forward into the plans we know God has for us.
Informal enquiries are welcome. Please contact:
The Ven Andy Broom, Archdeacon of the East Riding T: 01482 881659
Closing date for applications: Sunday 7 January
Interviews: Wednesday 7 February