These sessions are designed for all governors and include a more in depth look at how governors can support the development of their school as a Church school in some key areas.
You can take part in the full programme or attend aspects relevant to the context of your school.
All sessions in this bundle are held online via Zoom.
Session 2: Collective worship for Governors and others
This session is designed for all governors in Church of England schools and academies, as well as clergy and those in parishes involved in supporting, planning and delivering Collective Worship in Church of England schools.
The session will focus on:
· National expectations for Collective Worship in Church schools including the Collective Worship guidance from the Church of England Education Office.
· What high quality Collective Worship planning and delivery looks like.
· The role governors play in monitoring and evaluation of Collective Worship.
Session 3: Mental Health and Wellbeing for Governors
A session for all governors in Church of England schools and academies focusing on mental health and wellbeing in schools and what governors can do to monitor and support provision, guided by their Church school vision.
Session 4: Diversity and Inclusion for Governors
A session for all governors in Church of England schools exploring diversity and inclusion, including an exploration of the Valuing All God’s Children resource.
· Collective worship for Governors and others - Thursday 29th February 2024, 6.00-8.00pm [Session 2]
· Mental Health and Wellbeing for Governors - Tuesday 12th March 2024, 6.00-8.00pm [Session 3]
· Diversity and Inclusion for Governors - Wednesday 24th April 2024, 6.00-8.00pm [Session 4]
- These sessions are provided free of charge for schools
- Booking is via Eventbrite - session 2: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/governance-in-a-church-school-digging-deeper-bundle-session-2-registration-695899794017?aff=oddtdtcreator
These sessions are for governors in Diocese of York schools