LYCIG is a four day course for teaching, inspiring and equipping ordained and lay leaders.
Now in its twentieth year, this highly popular course is specifically designed for clergy and lay leaders from across different traditions and denominations who are looking for help and encouragement in leading their churches into growth.
The course takes the form of an open seminar with interactive talks, practical exercises, workshops and time and space for personal reflection.
Times of informal conversation provide opportunity for Leading Your Church Into Growth team members to answer questions and to explore the profile of individual churches.
“As part of our Diocesan vision to make and nurture disciples, I warmly recommend the Leading Your Church Into Growth course. The Leading Your Church Into Growth team come from many different types of parish - rural, urban, suburban – so they can help our diverse range of churches from across our Diocese. Please come! Learn and walk with me.”
- Archbishop Sentamu
The Diocese is inviting expressions of interest from benefice teams who want to take part in the LYCIG conference from Thursday 15th — Sunday 18th February 2018, at the Hayes Conference Centre, Swanwick.
A benefice team should be made up of the Incumbent and three people from the benefice who will be part of the team putting into place what will be learned at the conference, and helping lead your church into growth.
The leadership of the incumbent is crucial, and it’s also important that the laity of a benefice are involved.
These people may not necessarily be churchwardens or other officers, but will be people who can work with the Incumbent and have a passion for growing the church.
To register interest for your places on LYCIG please email firstname.lastname@example.org, giving the name of your benefice and why you would like to come on the conference.
We will wait to confirm any places until after the date for sending expressions of interest, as we want to ensure that parishes across the Diocese are represented.
Expressions of interest need to be registered before 30th September 2017.
If you wish to register your interest now please contact Kim Phillips via email@example.com.
Leading Your Church Into Growth Feedback...
- The best conference I have ever attended. They should teach this at theological college!
- I was looking for something to renew my vision, and found the whole team gave out such a lot of positive energy and encouragement. It set realistic goals rather than gave you tickets for a guilt trip. It takes a lot to drag me out of my parish, so I was pleased to see time used so well.
- It developed my confidence and helped me to 'think out of the box'.
- I was challenged to grow my own passion for people above my passion for church tasks. Something deep within me has changed, and I am moving towards a greater and more genuine desire to see people connect with Jesus and the Gospel.
- I would recommend it to others. I am grateful for going on it. It continues to inspire and encourage me.
- Encouraged me personally not to be so downhearted about the decline in church attendance. Made me feel it is possible to turn things round. Challenged me to accept that this requires commitment from me.
- The encouragement that we can do something in our own way in our own place. Not only do we have earthly resources that can be shared together, we also have heavenly help. We can call upon all of it!