A day exploring mental health issues in Pastoral care led by Revd Andrew De Smet and Revd Mark Brosnan.
The day will include:
- Brief introductions to Depression, Anxiety, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder & Psychosis.
- What pastoral support is it practical to offer?
- Listening and Discernment;
- Boundaries and Referral;
- Responding to aggression;
- Spiritual issues for both parties.
Andrew De Smet is Pastoral Care Adviser in the Diocese of York, an Anglican priest, counsellor/ psychotherapist, mediator and spiritual director.
Mark Brosnan, was a mental health nurse, and is now Vicar of the Kirkbymoorside Benefice and a spiritual director.
The Day is open to Clergy, Readers, those involved in pastoral care, volunteering in Food banks, drop in centres etc., healing ministry or spiritual accompanying.
Arrive 9.40am onwards for a prompt start at 10.00am.
Lunch is included.
There is no charge to participants from York Diocese; for those outside the Diocese the cost is £20 (Cheque payable to ‘York DBF’ sent to the address below).
For Further details contact Rev Andrew De Smet email@example.com 0758 327 9459