A day exploring mental health issues in Pastoral care led by Revd Andrew De Smet and Revd. Jonathan Hill
The day will include:
- Brief introductions to Depression, Anxiety, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder & Psychosis.
- What pastoral support is it practical to offer?
- Listening and Discernment;
- Boundaries and Referral;
- Responding to aggression;
- Spiritual issues for both parties.
Andrew De Smet is Pastoral Care Adviser in the Diocese of York, an Anglican priest, counsellor/ psychotherapist, mediator and spiritual director.
Jonathan Hill, was a mental health nurse, and is now Vicar of St Martin's Hull.
The Day is open to Clergy, Readers, those involved in pastoral care, volunteering in Food banks, drop in centres etc., healing ministry or spiritual accompanying.
Arrive 9.40am onwards for a prompt start at 10.00am.
Lunch is included.
There is no charge to participants from York Diocese; for those outside the Diocese the cost is £20. Payment options will be provided in the pre-event email which is sent out a week before the event.
For Further details contact Rev Andrew De Smet firstname.lastname@example.org 0758 327 9459