For more information see Introduction to Safeguarding Training.
LEADERSHIP (Clergy and Readers)
This course has recently been replaced with virtual learning pathway rather than a training session and due to the impact of Covid 19 is currently being delivered through 2 x 90 minute Zoom sessions.
Required for clergy, chaplains (including Chaplains of the Armed Forces and Lay Chaplains), lay ministers (licensed, commissioned, authorised etc), readers and spiritual directors.
The Learning Outcomes are as follows:
- Know and understand how the Church's mission and theology should promote a safe and healthy Christian culture and align with safeguarding principles and practices;
- Know and understand what effective safeguarding leadership behaviours, values and beliefs are, and how they will translate this understanding into practice;
- Know and understand the impact of abuse on survivors and use this knowledge well as leaders;
- Use their required knowledge in leadership behaviours, values and beliefs to lead the development of healthy culture within their church body;
- Promote good preventive safeguarding practice;
- Promote effective and compassionate responses to disclosures and allegations of abuse and harm;
- Ensure key safeguarding processes and good practice are followed by them and those they lead.
Bookings: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01904 699508.