Reconcilers Together is a new ecumenical network of Christian peacebuilding and reconciliation centres across the UK which share a mission to inspire and equip Christian leaders to become skilled practitioners of reconciliation in their churches and communities.
Through a six month training programme called Journey of Hope, Reconcilers Together aims to equip 20 church leaders with the skills to transform their churches into Reconciliation Hubs. Participants will attend a two day training residential at each of its five centres: St Michael’s House, Coventry; Rose Castle, Carlisle; The Blackley Centre, Yorkshire; Corrymeela, Belfast; St Ethelburga’s, London. More information about each of these centres is available at www.reconcilerstogether.co.uk/who-we-are.
It will be of particular interest to those who have:
- A leadership role within their church or faith congregation
- Support from within their own congregation, church leadership or diocese to develop reconciliation work
- A long-term commitment to a ministry of reconciliation within their church and community
- Some basic experience of reconciliation work, dialogue facilitation or mediation
- An ability to lead diverse groups and to inspire others
If this sounds like someone you know, who has the potential to effect long-term change in their church, why not encourage them to apply? www.reconcilerstogether.co.uk/leadership-training.
All costs are covered, including transport and accommodation.