- News & events
- York Diocesan Synod: agenda for 18th November meeting
York Diocesan Synod meets online at 9.00am on Saturday 18th November 2023;
Synod members and staff have been sent the Zoom link.
The Business to be discussed at the meeting will include:
- Promulgation of Amending Canon 42 (Safeguarding)
- Living Christ’s Story
- Hearing the Voice of Young People
- Presentation of the Draft Budget for 2024
- General Synod Reports
- Question Time
- Deanery Representation Calculation for Diocesan Synod Elections in 2024
The full agenda is available to download here.
The York Diocesan Synod is the governing body of the Church of England in our diocese.
considers matters sent to it from General Synod and from deaneries,
formulates diocesan policy, advises the Archbishop as appropriate, and
votes on the funding of stipends and administration. Lay and ordained
members elected by Deanery Synods serve for three years.
meetings are open and public (unless it is a meeting in closed session
for a specific item), but only members are entitled to speak or vote.