The Registry provides the Registrar of the Diocese and Legal Secretary to the Archbishop of York, Registrar of the Consistory Court of the Diocese and Legal Adviser of the Diocesan Synod.
- Louise Connacher
Staff in the Registry:
- Faculty Secretary – Hazel Bell
- Registry Secretary – Simone Bolton
The Registrar and staff are available to give advice to:
- the Archbishop, suffragan bishops and archdeacons of the Diocese
- authorised clergy (stipendiary and non-stipendiary) in the Diocese
- chairman and secretaries of boards, councils and committees of the Diocese
- area deans and lay deans of deanery synods in the Diocese
- churchwardens and secretaries of PCCs in the Diocese
- on legal matters properly arising in connection with the discharge of their ecclesiastical synodical and parochial offices.
Advice is also available to bona fide enquirers concerning the law of marriage, baptism, confirmation and burial of the dead (coffin burials and cremated remains) according to the rites and ceremonies of the Church of England.