What do we need to submit and by when?
- When you log in to the Church of England's Online Parish Returns System, you will be offered the opportunity to make use of the Energy Footprint Tool (EFT). This helps your parish calculate the efficiency of its energy use and its emissions of greenhouse gases; you also contribute to building a picture of the situation across the Church of England is it seeks to become carbon-neutral by 2030. See our Environmental team and section at www.dioceseofyork.org.uk/environment, and 'Net Zero 2030' at www.parishbuying.org.uk.
The returns you are asked to submit fall into several parts, with the following deadlines in 2021:
- Statistics for Mission – national target date 31st January.
- Return of Parish Finance – by 18th June (to allow parishes sufficient time to prepare the figures from the independently examined or audited financial statements that
will have been approved by the PCC).
***Please note that for 2021 only, the national church is accepting entries until the end of July***
- Annual Report, Accounts & Budget - no later than 28th June (within 28 days of the Annual Parochial Church Meeting, which must be held between 1st January and 31st May). In addition to the accounts themselves this includes the Trustees' annual report and the independent examination.
- Electoral Roll - 31st May.
- Charity Commission - 31st October.