- Schools & Young People
- Mission and Ministry with Children and Young People
- Children and Youth Support Network
Our aim is to:
- support, encourage and resource
the parishes of the diocese in their contact with children and young people
- support and encourage children
and young people to take their place in the whole life of the Church
- enable the church to 'hear the voice' of children and young people and be advocates for them in the local community and beyond
available to visit any parish or group of leaders to talk about your own
situation, to support ongoing work or help you develop new ideas. We can run training for you in a parish or for a
group of parishes or Deanery - from a general course on engaging children and
young people in the church to specific issues or needs you might have. We also
have many resources available for you to borrow or browse. Please do get in touch with the Diocesan Children and Youth Adviser, Carolyn Edwards
Children and Youth Support Network
Our aim is to provide a network of local support from a network of local 'expert practitioners' who can offer encouragement and advice based on their own specialist knowledge and experience
Become a consultant...
If you feel that you have a particular area of expertise or experience that you would like to share, please contact Carolyn Edwards
So for instance...
- if you are thinking about starting a family meal gathering or a 'Messy Church', contact us and we will arrange a conversation with someone who is already running a successful one and can help you through those 'teething problems'
- if you want to think strategically about how you can develop engagement with children and young people in your area, we can send a consultant to spend a day with key, interested people to help you dream dreams and make plans
- if you want to run a holiday club, but you don't know where to start, we can provide an adviser who can get you up and running
- If you have an active, well attended youth club but you want to do more 'God stuff', then we can get someone to call you to give you tips on how to make that happen effectively
- if you need someone to run the children's and/or youth work for your church weekend away, we can give you contact details of people who have done similar things elsewhere
Support Network Directory
- Carolyn Edwards is the Children and Youth Adviser for the Diocese and have many years experience of working for the church, and training children's and youth workers
- Olivia Seymour is the Assistant Director of Education and is tasked with helping churches develop creative ways to support their local schools
- Jonny Price is the Children and Youth Co-ordinator for the Clifton Parish Churches. He is an experienced youth worker who is currently completing an Post Graduate dissertation on Generation Z.