Two linked sessions of training available to any who are involved in working with Children & Young People in their churches. These sessions can either be completed as part of the Recognised Parish Assistant training or as ‘stand-alone’ sessions.
The Saturdays will enable participants:
- to recognise children and young people as full members of the church, as valuable as any other
- to recognise how children’s and young people’s faith and spirituality can be different to adults’, but still as valuable
- to be aware of some basic skills and knowledge that can help churches help children and young people to develop their relationship with God
- to be willing to speak up for and encourage children and young people in the church
- Children and Young People in the Church
- Child Development and Spirituality
- Learning Styles
- Getting the environment right
- Being safe, and protecting children
- The team we work with and working as a team.
Saturday, 21st April and Saturday, 12th May 2018
Led by Andy and Jo Bowden.
If you are interested in joining in, please book in by contacting Cathy Lane on email@example.com or on 01904 699504