- Developing Disciples
Cursillo is for those members of congregations who are already committed
in their Christian lives. It is part of the Church, so we encourage
people to be active participants in their churches. The basic method is
an equal emphasis upon prayer (piety), study and action.
Cursillo is for YOU if:
- You are already a committed believer but you sometimes think: 'there must be more to Christian life than this'
- You read the Scriptures and you pray (sometimes) but you long for energising grace
- You are part of a church community but you wish it were more alive with the joy of Christ
- You long to serve Christ in speech and action in the world but you need the confidence to find the way
Cursillo is about making disciples; it transforms people’s lives and empowers them for service. Cursillo is active in most Dioceses of this Province, for which I praise God.
Both clergy and lay people are warmly welcome. Cursillo aims to be a model of partnership between lay people and clergy.
Becoming an active member of the Cursillo community involves two things:
- Attending a Cursillo Weekend
- Participating in Cursillo activities after the Weekend
To participate in a Weekend please do not hesitate to contact our Lay Director Trevor King (email@example.com, 07941 338466) who will give you much more information about the movement and advice about sponsorship.
Our Spiritual Director is the Revd Shelagh Jones (01430 871612, firstname.lastname@example.org).
You also need to be a baptised Christian, usually aged 21 or over, and you should have the goodwill of your parish priest.
You can find out more on the York Cursillo website here, or Facebook page here.
There is a Cursillo weekend at Wydale Hall, starting at teatime on Friday 22nd October and finishing on the afternoon of Sunday 25th October with a Eucharist, open to all. For more details on the weekend, please contact Margaret Price email@example.com.