The Diocese of York
with special responsibility for mission
Hull Minster lies at the heart of the historic heart of the maritime city of Kingston-Upon-Hull. The 700 year old church of Holy Trinity has undergone a physical transformation in recent years and was designated a minster church during the City of Culture celebrations in 2007. Hull Minster is a broad church, home to both a strong choral tradition and informal worship.
Into this context, we wish to appoint an Associate Vicar who will help us maximise the missional opportunities of our ministry with a particular focus on younger adults and families. They will themselves be a significant presence in the City Centre, combining their chaplaincy and evangelistic skills as they engage with the shops, businesses and cultural activities. We expect to appoint someone who is a natural networker, bold in their approach and with a track record for getting things done.
Our new Associate Vicar will be:
• A prayerful disciple who loves to tell others about Jesus
• Faith-filled and expectant that God will grow our church
• A confident communicator who can speak the language of the street
• Collaborative and a committed team player
• Able to grow teams and value volunteers
• Warm hearted, empathetic and able to relate well to a wide variety of people
• Comfortable leading worship in a diverse range of worship styles
God has taken us on a remarkable journey in recent years. We are looking for an Associate Vicar who believes that even greater things lie ahead!
Informal enquiries are welcome. Please contact:
Revd Canon Dominic Black, Vicar of Hull Minster T : 07445 395806
The Ven Andy Broom, Archdeacon of the East Riding T: 01482 881659
Please visit Pathways for further details and to make an application.
Closing date for applications: 21 June 2021
Interviews: 23 July 2021