The Diocese of York
Priest in Charge
Hull Minster sits at the heart of our city and combines a vibrant parish life with a civic ministry larger than some cathedrals. As a Minster we seek to reach out across the city whilst retaining a particular concern for our deprived parish and our congregations reflect this breadth. We are in the third major phase of an extensive renovation of our building. The work so far has created one of the most attractive event venues in the city and enables our wide breadth of worship styles to flourish.
All of this requires a Minister who can provide clear and effective organisational leadership, including the oversight of our large team of employees and volunteers, and an understanding of the financial demands upon us. We are seeking someone who will sit comfortably within our open evangelical tradition and will be:
· A prayerful disciple of Jesus who inspires and is empathetic to all people.
· Faith-filled and expectant that God will grow our church
· Strategic in their approach and an effective leader of leaders to develop our vision as a Minster Church
· Committed to mission and evangelism, leading by example
· Dedicated to support the growth of music, from choral to contemporary
· Ready to embrace complexity given the variety of the Minster’s life
· An effective contributor to the life of the Deanery
God has taken us on a remarkable journey in recent years and we are looking for a new Minister who believes that even greater things lie ahead!
Informal enquiries are welcome. Please contact:
The Ven Andy Broom, Archdeacon of the East Riding T: 01482 881659
Closing date for applications: 11th December 2019
Parish Visit and Interviews: Thursday 16 AND Friday 17 January 2020 [NOT 18 January as advertised earlier].
HULL MINSTER A PLACE TO WORSHIP, EXPLORE, BELONG & ENJOY