- Safeguarding Bulletins, Resources and Downloads
Below are the most recent safeguarding bulletins from the Diocese of York.
- Making an online DBS application
- Basic Disclosures and charge to Parishes
- Contact information
- What are the modules and who needs to take them? Includes Specialist modules S1 and S3
- Safeguarding Modules C0 and C1 available online
- How to book a place on a training session
- Volunteer as a Safeguarding trainer
- IDAS: Specialist services for anyone affected by domestic abuse and sexual violence
- Restored: Ending Violence against Women
- Women's Aid and Facebook join forces to help keep women safe online
Click here to download the booklet Promoting a Safer Church
Below are documents containing FAQs for clergy, churchwardens and readers, and a letter from the Archdeacon of the East Riding, the Venerable Andy Broom regarding the safeguarding responsibilities held by each.
SCIE Safeguarding Audit 2016
2016 an audit on safeguarding arrangements within the diocese was carried out
by the Social Care Institute for Excellence, SCIE, which is a charity and
leading improvement support agency specialising in safeguarding. Their findings
can be downloaded from the link below.