Skip to content

Fees for Retired Clergy

Guidance on fees for retired clergy who hold the Archbishop’s Permission to Officiate

Retired clergy who were formerly stipendiary and who now hold the Archbishop’s Permission to Officiate are eligible to receive payment for casual duty.  The guidance here applies to casual duty fees and to payment for officiating at weddings and funerals. 

Below are the Casual Duty Claim Forms, which you should use to claim fees from the Diocese for casual duty during vacancies and extended (i.e. more than four weeks) absence due to illness, as agreed by the Archdeacon. When completed, please forward it to your Area Dean for approval.

There is also a Funeral Return Form, which should be completed whenever you officiate at a funeral which is held at a crematorium but not arranged via a PCC.

It should then be returned to us at Diocesan House together with the fee from the Funeral Director.

Please contact the Finance Team at Diocesan House on 01904 699500 or for details of the Freepost address which may be used to return these forms.